Letgo is a company that provides a website and app that allows users to buy from, sell to and chat with others locally.
“We created letgo to help make secondhanding second nature by making it quicker, simpler, and more fun – and with over 100 million downloads and hundreds of millions of listings, letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app for buying and selling locally. Because listing what you don’t need with the snap of a photo and finding what you want right in your own neighborhood doesn’t just help you buy and sell more – it helps you live more. (Plus, it’s free. Free is good.)”
The client reached out to us because they were looking to increase and expand their email marketing and communications across several divisions within Letgo. And they expressed a need for some professional consutlation and direction regarding their email efforts, more specifically:
- Best practices.
- Lead management.
- Platform based templates.
- Custom templates.
- Personalized integrated templates.
- Campaign creation and release.
- Post campaign analytics.
Once the initial discovery, discussions, and consultations had been completed with their team, the client was confident they had enough information and insights to proceed. A project plan was generated including the scope of work, delivery phases, timelines, estimated costs, etc.
We then moved on to the next step in the process, which focused upon:
- List creation on the chosen email marketing service platform(s).
- Email template designs.
- Custom mobile responsive email template development.
- Email testing for display and functionality consistency and compatibility across operating systems, devices, email clients, and browsers (approx. 70 different mediums).
- Email platform integration and personalization.
- Team training.
The successful end results for this project were:
- We provided the client, through consultations, the vital information regarding the different considerations and aspects of the email marketing process and practices, and how they translated in the best and most suitable way to their expressed business needs and goals.
- Worked with the client to create their accounts and set them up on their chosen EMS platform. In this case, the two platforms used (each division had their own needs and goals) was Mailchimp and SendGrid.
- Collaborated and worked with the client and their team on the designs, and technical considerations that impact the transition from designs to coded development.
- Developed, fully tested, and implemented several custom coded mobile responsive email templates for use by both their B2C and B2B divisions.
- Walked the client through, and trained their team in all steps of list management, template management, campaign management, as well as report analysis.
Technologies employed through the project life cycle were:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Dreamweaver