Sevenrooms is a company that has created a restaurant reservation, seating and guest management software product.
“A fully-integrated reservation, seating and guest management platform that drives direct reservations. SevenRooms connects restaurants directly with their guests to deliver exceptional guest service, streamline operations, and boost their bottom lines.”
The client reached out to us because they were looking to make some changes, as well as to add some new features to their current company website, more specifically:
- Content changes.
- Page design changes.
- Page layout and content management system (CMS) template changes.
- New page templates with custom integration features within their CMS.
- Ability to manage all new changes in the administration portal of their CMS.
- New demo request features.
- New chat/bot features.
Once the initial discovery, discussions, and consultations had been completed with their team, the client was confident they had enough information and insights to proceed. A project plan was generated including the scope of work, delivery phases, timelines, estimated costs, etc.
We then moved on to the next step in the process, which focused upon:
- New content designs.
- New page template designs.
- New site feature designs.
- Content Mangement System programming changes.
- Custom mobile responsive template development.
- Cross platform compatability testing.
- Integration of new templates into the CMS.
- Integration testing.
- Implementation of new features.
- New feature testing.
- Move approved changes to production/live server.
- Team training.
The successful end results for this project were:
- We provided the client, through consultations, neccessary information and options available to them to meet the business goals they were pursuing by implementing the requested changes and new features to their site.
- Worked with the client to gain all necessary access to the current site files, database, testing environment, as well as the production environment.
- Collaborated and worked with the client and their team on the designs for each of the new templates, features, and content changes. And provided them insight into the technical considerations that impact the transition from designs to functional coded development.
- Made all necessary CMS system (WordPress) coding and database changes to accomodate the requested site modifications while allowing for management of new content and features by their team.
- Developed and full tested all new mobile responsive page templates and features.
- Integrated all new templates and features into the CMS.
- Full assessed and tested all new content, templates and features in front end rendering and functionality, as well as administrative features, content creation, updates, and overall management workflow.
- Upon approval all modifications were “pushed” to the live production site environment.
- Walked the client through, and trained their team on all changes and new features added to their administrative portal.
Technologies employed through the project life cycle were:
- WP Engine
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Dreamweaver