Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information John Edward Trail may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you create an John Edward Trail ID, apply for credit, purchase a product, download a software update, register for a class, connect to our services, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using John Edward Trail products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in John Edward Trail services or forums, John Edward Trail may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. John Edward Trail will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances including when setting up a wireless account and activating your device, for the purpose of extending commercial credit, managing reservations, or as required by law.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on John Edward Trail’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by sending us an email.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of John Edward Trail ID account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with John Edward Trail, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve John Edward Trail’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Source of your personal information where they are not collected from you
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared their content with you using John Edward Trail products, sent gift certificates and products, or invited you to participate in John Edward Trail services or forums. We may also validate the information provided by you when creating an John Edward Trail ID with a third party for security and fraud prevention purposes.
For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an John Edward Trail product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies, check with your browser provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the John Edward Trail website may not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. John Edward Trail may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the John Edward Trail website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times John Edward Trail may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with John Edward Trail to provide products and services, or that help John Edward Trail market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by John Edward Trail to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
John Edward Trail shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever John Edward Trail operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for John Edward Trail to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
John Edward Trail takes the security of your personal information very seriously. John Edward Trail online services such as the John Edward Trail website protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by John Edward Trail, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some John Edward Trail products, services, or applications or post on an John Edward Trail forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
The existence of Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
John Edward Trail does not take any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affects you.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to your John Edward Trail ID account page. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if John Edward Trail is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
John Edward Trail websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to John Edward Trail employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
When a privacy question or question about personal information received in response to an access/download request is received we have a dedicated team which triages the contacts and seeks to address the specific concern or query which you are seeking to raise. Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, more information may be sought from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
John Edward Trail, 1843 Main Street, Northampton, PA 18067, USA.